Monday, August 20, 2012

Summer here, Summer there



Okay Okay I know it. It's a lot I don't post. Almost 3 weeks.
There have also been people telling me "I kept checking your blog but no updates :( ".
I am sorry >:[
It's just that you know...it's summer! So I haven't exactly been much at home, and even when I were I had a ton of things to do (and even so, I couldn't do everything I wanted) and situations to decide/sort out with some people.
...and it also took a lot of time catching up with the many mangas I left on stand-by to read because I was at the CodeCamp and that kept piling up xD



When I got back from the CodeCamp I spent some time with my family, and it took a bit to tell them about the many things that happened to me in the previous weeks, supporting my narration with the pictures and videos we took.
Even after getting home I often talk with Giuseppe and Gianluca (btw he is in the USA right now, have a blast dude! :) ) on skype, I know it's not the same, but it's nice to hear them and have a good laugh together.

The News on the National Brodcaster...about us :)
Another really cool thing that happened in the previous days: I was on TV, on the National Broadcaster channel. Well I already sorta knew this was coming tho. They shooted some footage at the codecamp for the News; without us knowing, after lunch and after an intense table tennis match, while we were all sweaty and with a messy hair, we saw the cameras in the ExFadda. So the service was aired a few days ago, I posted part of the video on my FB. Journalists like to hype up things, so they called us... *shrugs* "Italian big brains" and *shrugs* "Italy's best super programmers".


Colosseum by night
I've also been in Rome for a few days to meet a certain person from my past. It was fun but it was also sooooo hot (for several reasons). But it was a good chance to meet this person, and visit the many wonderful places of Rome, even if, I have to admit, it wasn't exactly the best period to do so. Overall it was really fun, and I had a lot of little exquisite things to enjoy :)
The books I've ordered
Even if it was summer, I had to work with Enrico and Vic to our First Order Logic game. It works, it's playable, but we're still having a little trouble with the packaging. Once it's solved, I'll give out a demo and I can then hear your feedbacks on the gameplay :)
Beside the project we *had* to do, I am trying to learn about some other new technologies, so I started diving into HTML5 & CSS3 (I think those two will become really important and required skills in the next future), while practicing some more with jQuery and PHP RestFul Webservices (which I think can always come handy); I also bought a few new books about those subjects ( http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/8848127568/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 & http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/8850331525/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i00 ) and they should be shipped tomorrow.

The weather here is hot, and according to the news it's going to get even hotter up to 43 °C, but even so, I am trying not to waste any day, and jogging in the evening before dinner.
Microsoft's future products
In the past days I've also been experimenting with Windows 8, Visual Studio 2012, Office 2013. It's still a little too early to give out a complete opinion about them, I was favorably impressed by the new TaskManager but the whole  Metro UI takes a while to get used to, anyway, I am a person open to changes so I'll try to get used to it. There are many integrated features like msn, maps, or the login to the OS with your Live account.

GW2 is officially gonna launch the 28th...but I am gonna start the 25th! :)

GW2 is launching in 5 days (Hoorray for the 3-days headstart!!! Even tho it's 9 am D= ) and we're getting everything ready (that's also the reason why I am studying so early in August). We're most likely going to roll on Crystal Desert as server and everyone is really excited. In the past weeks there have been several stress tests that allowed us to play a bit, and there have been several changes to the skills and the traits, so I am still figuring out what my final build is going to be.


If you want to have fun, come and Mumble with us! :P
Thanks to Adam, we've also got a Mumble Server, and since a week, we're like always on it. It's going to be our main communication channel for GW2, but it's becoming our meeting spot, and if my pc is turned on, I am on it. We're using it to chat and almost every night to play LOL together (with the little Giuli, Adam, Stephie, Tay, May, Enrico, Ronky, Daniel, Ibrahyn, Simo, etc.). If you want to come and (audio)chat with us, just ask me the details and let's have fun together!

I realize I still haven't posted a lot of pictures and the videos from the CodeCamp (they are really funny xD) and if I'll have enough time before GW2 launch I'll try doing a blog post with them.

See y'all soon! :3

2 comments: