Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Injuried x_x!

Yea...
as you can guess from the title, I got injuried.
Nothing too serious, kind of.

[Warning: next paragraph could be a little bloody]
As you know I am doing jogging everyday, and as part of my training I used to do stair climbing - sprints - stair climbing over a platform used as stage for concerts in my park.
So on monday, as always I started doing it but...
The stairs broke and left me without any land under my feet.
I fell, forward, over the other stairs.
I stood up right away, and realized that I hurt my leg.
It was in fact covered by blood from my knee to the ankle, and my shoes, my white shoes, turned red.
I staggered to the nearest fountain to wash away all the blood, because I thought I couldn't go home that way, otherwise I might over-worry my parents with the sight of all that blood (it was really a lot).
So I put my leg under the water and with my hand I started washing away the blood. It was there I realized the wound was quite deep because with my hand I felt that over the lag it wasn't only blood, but also something else that felt gelatine-like, probably the flesh that got gouged away.
When the blood stopped for a while, I started walking, slowly, dragging my foot, to my home.
In the middle I got a little dizzy, probably due to the blood-loss and the fact I had nothing but a watermelon slice for lunch. I also noticed I had a wound on my hip at this point.
I reached home, had a shower, disinfected the wounds (and realized I had another on my abdomen). It got clear I needed some treatment, so I ended going to my uncle's place , since he's a surgeon.
He realized the wound on the knee was deep, about 3 cms, and it reached the bone.
So... I got 4 suturation knots right away, without anesthesia.
It wasn't particularly nice when he tightened the thread, no screams though, I think I have an high tolerance to pain.
Medications on my hip and abdomen.
I had to take also anti-biotics of course.
The day after, to be cautious I also had a shot of an anti-tetanic syringe. During the night I also realized my shoulder hurted coz I probably hit it too.

Prognosis:
2 days of immobility for the leg
4 days of anti-biotics (2 x day)
In 8 days I should remove the stitches.

So rest for me in the next days. It sucks I had other plans, but oh well, I'll have to postpone them x_x.
Kind of weird that you suddenly don't find stairs under your feet, especially when they planned them for a stage.

Oh also I realized we went over the 1000 views, Thanks Guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment