Thursday, May 6, 2010

Last moments of today

The day's almost done, lights are feeble now, the hour is late.
A few breaths are left to my time, tomorrow will be rough.
A subtle breeze calls me to the open.
Through an half opened window I try to catch a glimpse of the moon hidden in this cloudy sky.
No moon or stars offer themselves to the sight it seems, but from the plumbeous roof a drop wets my arm. I offer my face to the rain, as if it could wash away my tiredness.
It's not not fast, it's not slow, irregularly rushing over.
But it's fresh, water and wind over my skin. It's a relief.

And out of the blue, I find myself thinking of you.
You that like a rain drop burst on my lips,
You that like the wind caress my cheek.
You that like a rain drop slip through my fingers,
You that like the wind can't be touched by my hands.
Like they put me at ease, will you lull my mind to serenity?
Like they called me to the window, will you call my name even in your dreams?

My time's breaths are no more, tomorrow will be rough.

Buonanotte

No comments:

Post a Comment