Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hackathon Naples Victory: Mission Accomplished!!!


I know it's been a couple weeks I haven't posted anything, but it's definitely not for laziness, and also today I don't have much time, I have barely slept 5 hours in 2 days.
It was all in preparation for this day. Yesterday, we (Me, Vic & Enri) took part to Naples Hackathon (http://www.mobilitytech.it/english/HACKATHON.php).

My working set-up for the competition. 
The first day we projected and developed a native app on Android and iOS, graphics brand new included. Not to brag, but we were under the spotlight. We were quite flashy. And my Nostromo didn't fail to gather the attention of the other contestants and judges. We had to prepare a presentation aswell,  and I didn't want to do the usual PowerPoint (I warmly invite you to check the presentation I embedded down full screen, even if it's partly in italian it should be understandable), so I was up from 5 am to 3 am.
Green City - the App we presented

Today it was the big day. Due to my bus being late, I got late to the appointment and we didn't have any time to try our presentation beforehand, but it went all pretty smoothly. 


Vic and Enri were really worried we'd lose. Honestly, I was pretty confident, and I told them: "We overturned countless desperate matches in LoL, we'll manage to win also this time!". Even so, when they started saying "And the winner is..." my heart skipped a beat, then they continued saying "...Team SmartDevs!" I popped up from my chair and started jumping up, Enrico walked zombie likely while Vic got almost frozen. I remember jumping all around, a lot of flashes and hands clapping. We received a lot of compliments, we got interviewed and featured on several newspapers and journals (even on Wired!) aswell as on a few TV channels. We received a cheque, but even more so we got a huge visibility, and we got in touch for possible jobs with a lot of big companies, like Renault, Telecom Italia, ANM, and we have our agendas booked till October (we are invited to Hackathon Milan!). Our app will be onboard on all the actual and future Renault's cars models. It was amazing. It really was!




We had to put online in a hurry our website www.smartdevs.it, and we're receiving a lot of hits. I also started getting Facebook requests from people I don't think I know. Unexpectedly a lot. There are a lot more things to say and pictures and videos to upload, but I'll provide them when I'll gather more. I feel rather tired, I think the lack of sleep, and the release of tension is starting to get on me.
Fuck yea, we won!!! \o/

No comments:

Post a Comment