Friday, July 30, 2010

Summer Storm!!!


Fifth day of training straight since Monday. I am afraid I overexerted myself, causing some minor pain to my rear left quadriceps. Nothing really serious, it'll be probably gone by the start of the next week when I'll have to get ready again. After some laps of run I was on a bench, nose pointed to the sky, taking a break from my push ups and I noticed that on the plumbeous background made of solid clouds, there were some scattered and formless ones, looking strangely close to ground and moving remarkably fast. I thought it was weird, but it may have been caused by the wind that was blowing, raising moreover dust and soil.

Some hours later, I was having, as usual, dinner in my garden, this time sharing the meal with some neighbors. I was just done with my hamburgers and drinking some Pepsi when the sky broke into thunders and lightnings. The subtle wind, became a gale. And rain, heavy, thick rain, started to fall down alongside with a concrete hailstorm. Useless to say our dinner ended in a tragi-comic way.

This month's weather has been quite bizarre... The first ten was torridly hot, then halfway it turned mild and windy, and then today it seems someone up there forgot to close the tap. While I enjoyed the refreshing afternoons in the park, I hope this won't ruin the dinner with my friends I organized tomorrow. Nor it will drag till the next week, turning this summer period upside down and making my training impossible (yea yea, even if I don't really like it, I am getting into this training thingie).

Attached to this entry you guys can find some pictures that my colleague Vittorio just shot in the storm.


No comments:

Post a Comment