Thursday, May 17, 2012

New Artwork & GW2 Stress Test


After so many "manly" characters I decided to draw something cute (I hope I managed to make her cute >=| ). Differently from the previous ones, the colors, shading and lights are softer and more delicate. I tried drawing the eyes and the lips differently from the usual. They are a little more detailed, but I guess this is possible only in a close-up cut like this one.


I had this artwork almost finished by monday but I didn't post it because I had...something else to do. I took part to the Guild Wars 2 Stress Test, so I had my hands full with that. It was useless to keep levelling my Thief so I decided to start a new character with Tay, a ranger to be exact. Rangers are fun, really fun, especially with Longbow and Greatsword. I played pretty much without considering my pet at all. I already said I don't like having to take care of some extra minion =_=. I think I might officially make a ranger as my alt.


After a few hours of PvE we decided to go to hunt for Glory in PvP, and as much as I liked the Ranger, it was about time to get back to my beloved Thief. And there I realized that Tay's Norn Guardian was taller than me (I thought it was my little female ranger to be small, the one in the gallery I posted for the first BWE http://tetsuoryuu.blogspot.it/2012/05/guild-wars-2-beta-weekend-1.html), she whined though that guardian's pvp base armors looked ugly compared to thief's, and I have to agree. Anyhow, we went to PvP , me, Tay, Kyon and Fogart. It was a blast, and at least in this phase there are so many scared players, that as soon as you get close to them they'll run away even if you have less HP than them. I hadn't pvped with Tay before and I have to say she proved to be able to hold her ground rather well. I remember clearly a battle we had in the Forest of Nifhlel to defend the Keep. It was 4 vs Me and her, I thought we were done for, but Tay managed to tank them all while I dished out insane damage with my ShortBow. Once we took them all down I just couldn't stop laughing. Sadly, also the Stress Test is over and we have to wait for the next BWE now.

Here are the rough sketches for the drawing:
  • Body outline (modified, I had first drawn only for proportions, then edited it a bit) [CYAN/BLUE]
  • Body outline + Hair outline [PINK]
  • Body outline + Hair outline + Clothes outline [RED]
  • Body outline + Hair outline + Clothes outline + Inking [BLACK]
  • Inking
  • Finished work





I feel like drawing something else tonight...I hope I'll manage to come up with a suitable subject.
See y'all soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment