Sunday, May 13, 2012

Warrior #1 Drawing Step by Step & GW2 Stress Test

Tay was insisting that I had to draw a warrior...and here we are. Even if now that I watch it, it might be better off classified as knight...oh well. To draw it I made use of what I learnt about shadows over clothes (check the previous post) and added some shading effects over the armor to make it look glossy. Drawing the armor made me remember how much I loved Saint Seiya as a kid, and that I used to draw armors over and over (but I sucked badly with the faces and humans proportions). This time I remembered to export the images of the intermediate process, so down in the post you'll find the rough sketches, the step by step pictures and a video.
Enrico made me notice that it would be better to draw something under the left foot of the dude aswell...and I have to agree. I may add some landing or rock in the future.

I'd like to remind you guys also that tomorrow (May, monday 14th) from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM PDT (GMT -7)(If you want to be sure what time will be for you: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html ) there will be a Guild Wars 2 Stress Test. What is a stress test? Basically it's a beta that will last for 6 hours to make them fix & tune some paremeters for server stability and latency reduction. For us players it means we'll be able to play again with the characters of our previous BWE, and soothe a little our withdrawal symptoms. I know it's just 6 hours (which kind of sucks), but at least I will be able to play with some friends that couldn't make it to the last BWE (while sadly others have other businesses to attend in that time slot :\ ), yup, I am talking about you Miss Bear, travelling with your packed pc, you better get online in time! xD
I am unsure on which character to use for this stress test. If I have to play with friends that are starting from scratch, I'd prefer to make a new character, and I had decided to make a Ranger in the next BWE, but considering it will be just for 6 hours I am frankly undecided. I'll go with the flow I guess. 

Here are the different steps of the drawing process:




Here is the video with all the frames:

This is an unusual time for me to post on my blog...sunday, around lunch time. And they're calling me to the table!
See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment