Saturday, July 21, 2012

Code Camp: Day #1

It's my first day here at the Code Camp!!!
There would be a lot of things that I'd like to write but... it's 2.30 am when I am starting to write this, yesterday I managed to fall asleep around 3 am, and I had to wake up at 5 to take the bus to come here, and tomorrow...I have to wake up at 7.30 am again @.@
I'll keep this short and tell you just a few facts.

The trip in the bus was nice except for the air conditioning too strong. I arrived in Brindisi at 11 where Nicholas and Francesco came to pick me up and brought me in San Vito dei Normanni, at the Ex-Fadda center, the "base" for our activities. I gotta say it's a really great place, filled with green and with innovative concepts to rationalize the spaces.

After that,  I went to accomodate my luggage. It's a really nice apartment with 3 double rooms, a dining room, a living room, a kitchen, 2 baths and a veranda. It was clean, with 2 tv, air conditioners, fridge, washing machine and other little comforts. There is even a spare room with a double bed...if you know what I mean. (I'll upload the pictures tomorrow or the day after).

During the afternoon we got to know each other, we talked about the tasks we'll have to work on, and started planning a little. It was fun to meet people with different backgrounds and different skills but similar interests. Beside working we also playing a lot of Table Tennis. It was a lot of time I didn't play it, but it was a lot of fun!

When I got back to the apartment I decided to relax having a loooong bubbly bath in the bath-tube. Also the lack of net was solved with an internet key (the one I am using right now), it's not that great, but for sure it's better than nothing.

We then went out all together for a barbecue. I drank a lot of stuffs today... Tea, Coke, Beer, Wine, Champagne, Lime Caipirinha, Strawberry Capiroska, Baileys @.@ I gotta say though that it's great to drink and eat for free >=]

I was supposed to sleep alone, but at the barbecue I was noticed that a guy, Giuseppe, will join me because he didn't like the other place where the rest of the people were assigned. So we are here chatting and laughing after this long day of codes, fun and drinks.

It's past 3 am, time to sleep,
See y'all soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment