Monday, July 23, 2012

Code Camp: Day #3


CodeCamp group (Enrico wasn't here yet :( )
I am writing this blogpost while I rest on the sofa with my roommates sipping some coffee prepared by Giuseppe.




This morning I woke up earlier than them, and since all the lights were off, I stayed in the bed for another bit, while waiting for them. As the clock was getting near to 8 am, I decided to check on them, and while half-asleep, Giuseppe and Domenico decided not to come to the bicycle ride. So only me and Gianluca joined it. We went to the ex-Fadda, and picked two bikes for the 25Kms ride. 

The route was easy at first, most of it was descent so it was quite easy, but after each one those, I kept thinking more and more to the way back and how harder it would've been. We went past some olive trees that had 4 to 6 hundred years, and through some rough ways, while getting closer to the sea. When we were almost there Gianluca's bicycle broke, but one way or the other, we managed to reach the beach.

One of the roads we went through...

The scenery was nice, but the sea wasn't exactly calm. Nonetheless, it was really hot, so we dived in. While me and Gianluca kept chatting we suddely realized we got pushed really far from the shore by the waves, so we had to put quite an effort to get back. After that, it was time to get back home, and the way was really an  hell, with a scorching hot sun.
Riding next to the sea...
At lunch, Enrico finally joined us, we had the meal together, I showed him our room, I introduced him to the others and then we started working together. I have to say it's nice to have him around. We worked till late today, we were "inspired", so they brought us some snacks, we hastily finished. Like swarming grasshopperes.

Today's meeting

After work, we went to a festival all together, and then to a concert. Supposedly we should go around with bicycles, but the staff granted us the usage of a car, so it's all even better. =)

Even after the festival we still wanted to keep going, so we went to search for San Vito's movida by night 'coz Domenico wanted to hunt for girls.

Sausages at the festival!

When we got tired, at around 3 am, we got back to the apartment, and sat all together in the dining hall, like I said on the opening. While I was on pc, I wanted to solve a doubt I had, and as I guessed I was spot-on (even if that made me be up till so late, 5.30 am). I am not particularly surprised, it was to be expected afterall, but as improbable as it was, I still decided I wanted to give it a try. Tay-Bear would say I am too kind and gentle to people. Maybe it's true, but it's not up to me to say so. What it's surprising maybe, is that even when people behave in such a way, I don't feel like enjoying the slaps they receive from life. Most of the time it happens, and looking at the situation, I can be positive it will happen again. But I am not happy about it, believe it or not. I know it's easy to talk like this from my point of view, since everything keeps going greater and greater, but I'd be way more happy to celebrate successes together than laugh at other's failures, also when those people have been pretty unfair.
Yesterday's conference with me as speaker
I forgot to mention that while riding this morning I got quite sunburnt, so I am all red now, like a tomato =S It was so hot a few minutes ago that I went to the bath to wash my face to refresh myself a bit. I looked myself in the mirror, and I decided...it was about time to give it a change, and shave it all. And so, at 4.30 am, I said goodbye to all my facial hair. I forgot how many people says I look better without that and I have to say it feels way more fresh now :)

See y'all soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment