Monday, July 16, 2012

A wedding with...a lot of food.


Phewwww~ I still feel sooooo stuffed! Yesterday I went to my cousin's wedding (that's the reason why I am in a suit, PS: mom had to fix my pants because they were too large, it seems my hard work is paying off! \o/) and after the ritual in the church we went to have a party at the Grand Hotel Telese.
There were a lot of different foods, and I made sure to taste every and each of them, and for those I liked the most, I didn't hesitate to go for a bis or even a tris >=]
Let me give you guys a little list of the tasty dishes that filled my stomach:

We started with an aperitive in the garden, in which there were different corners with themed foods:
  • Drinks corner - with various cocktails and fruit's nectar, Valdobbiadene's prosecco D.O.C.G. wine, Terra Serena wine, Amineo Coda di Volpe  I.G.T. wine , Castellblanch Champagne;
  • Gourmet's corner - with a mix of canapès, small pizzas, rustic puff pastries, pan canasta, Danubio's tears, stuffed cream puffs;
  • Seafoods corner - with iced oysters (yummie!), octopus carpaccio, marinated swordfish & Baltic sea salmon, skewers of fried little squids, mix of seafood's salade in a big clam, shrimps with Aurora's sauce, gratin of scallops & mussels;
  • Cold cuts corner - with Pietraroja's prosciutto, Sannio's salame, slices of bresaola & speck, little cubes of mortadella, huge buffalo's mozzarella, pieces of Parmigiano's cheese, seasoned Cerreto's ricotta, little cubes of Provolone's cheese, pickles.
After the aperitive, we moved from the garden to one of the inner nineteenth-century's saloons.

As first dishes we had Scialatielli (a kind of fresh pasta) with lobster's flesh (it was delicious and I ate 3 servings :X) and Porcini mushrooms risotto

As second dish we had Twist of Bass (the bass was cut in 3 slices and braided, it was a kind of preparation I never saw before) with potatoes and salade



We then went outside in the garden again to eat Fruits and Desserts. There were many, many, many kinds of desserts, and I had all of them, from the different kind of mousses, to icecreams, to cheesecakes and many many more (too bad I don't have a photo, at least not for now, they were all colorful and good looking), and of course the traditional wedding cake. There were traditional italian fruits like watermelon, grape, pineapple, but also more exotic ones like passion fruit, litchi, rambutan and pitahaya (also known as Dragon fruit \o/), personally, I focused on the exotic ones :P


We got back home quite late, and today I didn't have my lunch 'coz I still felt stuffed D=

Anyhow, in the last days, beside running and preparing for my First Order Logic exam (I am still not sure if I am going to have it), I am preparing my luggage so my room is a mess...swimming trunks...power cords...hoodies...

Oh yea, there is a big big big news that I knew already when I posted the last update but I forgot to share...We finally have a release date for GW2! And it's actually earlier than I expected it to be (around October like for Aion's launch). GW2 is going to launch 28th August. The whole guild is palpitating, there is a lot to do, but our fingers are trembling in excitement.








Cam whore in a suit D=


I added two songs to the blog:

The first is evocative, while the second is really really sweet, and I'd suggest you guys to read its lyrics:

I still hear your voice when you sleep next to me
I still feel your touch in my dreams
Forgive me my weakness, but I don't know why
Without you it's hard to survive

'Cause everytime we touch, I get this feeling
And everytime we kiss, I swear I could fly
Can't you feel my heart beat fast?
I want this to last
I need you by my side

‘Cause everytime we touch, I feel the static
And everytime we kiss, I reach for the sky
Can't you hear my heart beat so?
I can't let you go
I want you in my life

Your arms are my castle, your heart is my sky
They wipe away tears that I cry
The good and the bad times, we've been through them all
You make me rise when I fall

'Cause everytime we touch, I get this feeling
And everytime we kiss I swear I could fly
Can't you feel my heart beat fast?
I want this to last
I need you by my side

'Cause everytime we touch, I feel the static
And everytime we kiss, I reach for the sky
Can't you hear my heart beat so?
I can't let you go
I want you in my life

'Cause everytime we touch, I get this feeling
And everytime we kiss, I swear I could fly
Can't you feel my heart beat fast?
I want this to last
I need you by my side


See y'all soon! (this time I guess from the CodeCamp) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment