Sunday, July 22, 2012

Code Camp: Day #2


I just got back home, out from the shower and as tired as I am, I am making a last effort to write this update before falling down.
I woke up pretty early this morning, at around 7 am, even though I was up till late talking and laughing with Giuseppe till over 4 am. After that, I fell asleep in a split second, but the bed was really really jelly and I risked falling down several times.
To try to fix that I managed to put under the mattress a few wood planks I found and I'll test this solution tonight.

I was really really sleepy the whole day, but there was a lot to work on. I took a few pauses to play table tennis though, and it kind of helped me to release the stress and stretching myself to stay fully awake.
During the evening we had a seminary about the technologies we will learn, and I had to talk to the audience about how we decided to face the tasks that were given to us and the status of the work so far.

Two more people joined me in the apartment, Gianluca and Domenico; tomorrow, with Enrico, the place will be finally full. After the seminary, we barely managed to get back home at 9 pm, to allow them to put down their luggage, that we had to leave again, to a beach close to our place. We went to a club on the shore, and we had our dinner there, lighted by dim candles, while listening to the sound of waves crashing over the rocks. 

After the meal, and a few drinks, it was about midnight and we decided to dive in the water, for a swim. I went a little further from the shore and...the water was warm, the stars were shining really brightly, and the waves were cuddling me softly, like they were caressing me. It was really relaxing, and for a while I forgot about my fatigue. It was really a great feeling, and I thought it would've been great if I had been able to share it with someone.

I'll try to sleep a little earlier tonight (even though it's already past 2.30 am) because supposedly tomorrow at 8 am we'll have to go for a 25 Km ride on the bicycle =S.
See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment