Saturday, March 17, 2012

Finally Guild Wars 2!!!




I know I am a few days late on the news but I've been quite busy with so many stuffs... think that I finished just now preparing a couple of artworks. Sorry, but I won't be showing them now, I don't want to spoiler the game too much :) .
Back to the main topic of this blog post. Arenanet and NCsoft finally announced that starting on April the 10th will be possible to preorder Guild Wars 2. It'll be possible to choose between the following offers: 


Digital Standard Edition ($59.99/£50/€55)
- Guild Wars 2 game

Digital Deluxe Edition ($79.99/£65/€75)
- Guild Wars 2 game
- Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill
- Rytlock Miniature
- Golem Banker
- Chalice of Glory
- Tome of Influence

 Collectors Edition ($149.99/£130/€150) 
- Guild Wars 2 game
- Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill
- Rytlock Miniature
- Golem Banker
- Chalice of Glory
- Tome of Influence
- 10-inch figurine of Rytlock
- 112 page Making of Guild Wars 2 book
- Custom Art Frame
- Art Portfolio and Five Art Prints
- Best of Guild Wars 2 Soundtrack CD

All 3 pre-purchases will also grant you:
- Access to all Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Events
- Three days of headstart access
- Hero’s Band


Since I was expecting the game so much, I thought I was going for the Collector Edition just like I did for Aion, but, frankly speaking, it's 150 USD/EUR! I mean, come on, it's three times the price of the base version. Sure there are a lot of cool goodies, there is even a huge Rytlock figuring you might use as a blunt weapon in case of sudden attack but it's really expensive. Having discarded the CE, I had to choose between the standard and the deluxe. Beside 3 one time using items (the banker, the extra glory and the extra influence), there is a pet and an unique elite skill as extras in the Deluxe. As it's easy to realize after having played many other mmo, the one-time use won't matter much, the pet is just for aesthetic, and the elite, well we can't say how strong it'll be, but I am pretty sure we have already too many elites to choose among to be too bothered by this other one. So I suppose that in the end, the deluxe edition won't be worth those extra 20 USD. Another sad note, that seems to be a trend nowadays, is to convert 1 USD = 1 EUR. Bullshit. Let's take as example the CE. 149 USD are not 150 EUR, they should be about 113 EUR. Anyhow, considering the fact we'll be going to play on the NA servers, it shouldn't be a big deal since one way or the other, we'll get NA copies (right now, with the current change, the Standard version is about 45 EUR).

Skipping on the bad parts, what's good is that all the different versions allow you to play on all the beta weekends...and I am totally excited to do so. I can't wait to play my Thief in pvp, and finally decide which weapon sets will be my mains...Double Daggers? Double Pistols? Shortbow? Gah...I can't wait!
Nonetheless, you will be able to have an headstart of 3 days, and trust me, at a game's launch, avoiding the huge zerg of new players in the starting zone is priceless.

The Minimum System Requirements have also been announced and they look rather fair, even lower than what I expected them to be (though may change):
- Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 or better
- NVIDIA  GeForce 7800, ATI Radeon X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
- 25GB available HDD space
- Broadband Internet Connection
- Keyboard & Mouse


You can find more informations about the items, where and how to buy, and the system specs here: https://buy.guildwars2.com/
If you guys have any doubt or question feel free to contact me on Facebook/Msn/Gt/Skype/Email/Wherever, I'll gladly help you :)

We're finally close. It's really great to be able to play again with my fellow guildmates with whom I fought countless battles, and I am trembling on having new guys join us to share the battlefield (Vic, Enri, yes, I am talking about you guys too ;) ). I've been following GW2 since a long time, and I am dreaming to share with all of you guys my new adventures, even if saddens me there might be someone missing that I really wanted to have fun with.

On a closing note, also Diable 3 release date has been announced, 15th May 2012, even if it won't include pvp, which will be implemented at a later date through DLC. I really loved and extensively played D1,D2,D2 LoD and I thought I'd take D3 in case I were somewhere with no net. Sad news is that you require net to authenticate even if you want to play the single player campaign. Plus with uni, works, GW2 and the development of our game I doubt I'll have many chances to play it. That's the rational thinking. In the end, I suppose I'll buy it too. :3
  

No comments:

Post a Comment