Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Necklaces


Many people wear jewelry & accessories for style, to look good, to show off, to let others know they can afford it. While there isn't anything wrong in it (maybe with the exception of the last one), I see things a little differently. While I don't deny that I like how mine look, I don't care much about what others think about them. I wear three necklaces. Since when I started wearing them, I never took them off, they walk around with me, they sleep with me, they shower with me. I think I'd even feel uncomfortable without them. 

They are from three different moments of my life, and for me, they have an important meaning, and that's the reason I'm so attached to them. I could define those necklaces in several ways.
I might say they represent the three time frames of my life: there's one, the oldest one, that reminds me of my past, there's the second one, that keeps me aware of my present, and the most recent one that hints me to the future.
According to how I started wearing them I could say they represent the three most important affections there are in life: family, friends, love.
Each one of them is linked to a milestone of my growth, each one of them is linked to an happy moment, my 18th birthday, my graduation, a shiny hope, and at the same time, they're linked to a sad moment, a fake friendship, the loss of a dear person, a shattered dream.
There's one that has inside a memory of a teacher that cherished me, and that despite her strictness, pushed me to give always my best, being for me not only a teacher in school, but also in life. There's one that links me with the little brother I often argue with, but I strongly love. There's one I wear, that together with two others far far away from me, should've been a bond with a very important person, a warm bond, but about those, I don't know if they're worn or not now, being things as they are.


It's true that at times when I look into a mirror and see them, those memories come back, but I decided not to get rid of those keepsakes because they record my story, what I've been through, what made me become who I currently am, so I think it's right they stay there, carved on my chest, reminding me of my accomplishments and my mistakes.

I won't point to which necklace is which one, but someone who knows me well, should be able to tell them apart.
I also wear three bracelets and a ring...but this a story for another time.

I have reworked the logo for our game, and even though it's not definitive yet, I think it looks more clean than before. In the past days we've been busy working on the Proof of Concept on a side, while on the other we bought our web domain, server and web services, so we are under the process of creating our website and a facebook page. Since it's not ready, I won't reveal the address yet, but if you really are curious, you can try scanning our logo with a Barcode reader, like the one you might have on your cellphones.
Time to draw now,
See y'all soon :)

1 comment: