Sunday, April 15, 2012

The 26th birthday party

The cake me and mom baked :3
As I told you in my previous post, even though it was my birthday I was required to take part to the W2GIS international conference. Last year I didn't celebrate my birthday, for personal reasons, and at first I didn't want to hold a party this year either, it was the first year after losing two people very important for me, and I would've wanted to avoid comparing it to the past and bringing back sad memories. What made me change idea has been the life teachings my grandpa always tried to instill in me, he would've wanted to see me with a smile on this day, like always. My friends also pushed me so that we could all celebrate together and in the end today (yesterday considering it's past 2 am of sunday now) we had this party.
Fooooooood!
It took a while to me and mom to prepare everything, and since we both were quite busy, we split the load on two days. Too bad I was too busy with my friends during the party to take pictures of the pizza, other foods and drinks (my brother helped me to prepare some good sangria, homemade! ).
Looks like my friends...arrived!
Another reason why I decided to have this party is that due to our distance and the different schedules (especially after graduation) it's becoming increasingly difficult to meet all together, but this kind of celebrations usually manage to do the trick. It was a lively night, I had to introduce to my university friends some new entry that wasn't from our campus and they never met before, we laughed a lot, watched funny videos from youtube on the tv, and told each other about our recent stories, especially with those that we didn't meet since long. They asked me about the drawings, what I used, and to show them something and...poked me a lot about the flowers from the previous post... >.<  
Swoooooosh: Express a wish...
And so it's 26. I am getting old...or so they say. I don't really feel old and I don't care about what others say I should do at this age. I think that age is mainly a state of mind. Oh and with yesterday it's exactly 8 years since I last got a fever. Is that a record? :)
While I was blowing over the candles on the cake, and I had to express a wish I suprised myself. Without really thinking, in that blink of an eye, I wished for something I thought that at this point I wouldn't have, I realized it only after, I was like...D'OH! I won't say what is it about, wishes are secret afterall, but it's true when they say that: "When you're conflicted, flip a coin. In the time it takes to land you'll know what the better option is"; when you're unsure about something, or you have to listen to a secret wish you can't admit even with yourself, if you're forced to take a decision on a split second, or hope that something happens, your true desires come out on their own.

As always with you guys it's fun, and it sucks just there is never enough of time to talk more with all of you (in this kind of occasions I always feel like a whirligig because I don't want to neglect anyone). Thanks!


Before leaving you for the night (my feet are killing me!) I want to share with you this video. It's really, really, really great (look at the red-haired kid's expression!). The best advertisement I saw so far. Turn off the blog music and enjoy it!

See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment