Friday, April 20, 2012

Naga & Nostromo



I don't know if you remember, but about one month ago, I posted about choosing a new mouse (http://tetsuoryuu.blogspot.it/2012/03/new-mouse-approaching.html). Well I've chosen. Razer Naga. Black and Azure. So far, no ground breaking news. What's new is that beside the Naga, I've decided to purchase also the Razer Nostromo, a very unique keypad. (Their colors mesh perfectly!)

When I first saw it, it looked so straight out of a sci-fi movie, like Minority Report, that I thought it wasn't real, or it was just a concept. But it was real! And it looked so freakin cool (with its shape and cyan's leds) and useful I couldn't just skip it. Yea, I am arming myself for gw2 with an huge amount of keys to bind and the precision of a D-pad (between the mouse and the keypad 17+16 without considering the alts), but they'll prove to be useful also when I draw (mapping all the tools and the layers browsing). People who used it say that is also extra comfortable.
Here's a list of the complete specs:
  • Ergonomic form factor and tournament-grade layout
  • 16 fully programmable Hyperesponse keys
  • Programmable 8-way directional thumb pad and scroll wheel
  • Instantaneous switching between 8 key maps
  • Unlimited macro lengths
  • Stores up to 20 different game profiles
  • Adjustable soft-touch wrist pad for exceptional comfort
  • Backlit keypad and scroll wheel for total control even in dark conditions
  • Enhanced Razer configurator software
  • Approximate Size : 183 mm / 7.21” (Width) x 159 mm / 6.26” (Height) x 59 mm / 2.32” (Depth)
  • Approximate Weight: 297 g / 0.65 lbs
My mean friends say the Naga has a calculator on its side, or that it's used to make phone calls, while the Nostromo is a space shuttle controller xD. The Naga & Nostromo (Double-N!) should be delivered in the middle of next week, right in time for GW2's beta (27th-29th April). I can't wait! :3


Originally I had something else in mind for this blog post, but I had to face a nasty bug in a software I developed, and I am still dealing with it. Due to it I couldn't complete the drawing I was working on and I planned on posting tonight. I need to come up with some idea to fix this fuckin' bug, because it's really hideous. Time to go back to stack-traces and debugging. I hope I can finish soon so I can draw :\

See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment