Thursday, April 5, 2012

Easter's break starts

Wouldn't it be really, really great if it was possible? :\

Easter's break just started but I can't avoid feeling it as really really short. I am pretty sure that it'll be gone in a breeze and I won't manage to get anything done at all. Beside that, it's going to be Easter, but I don't know since when I started not enjoying holidays. Maybe it's 'cause all around, all the air we breathe,  all the atmosphere we bathe in, is nothing but a big commercial lie to fish more money. I think the original feelings for Xmas, Valentine's day, Easter, have long been gone, and that, honestly, kind of sucks. I still remember when I was a kid, my grandpa used to give me a chocolate egg for Easter. Its package was really shiny, back then, there weren't fancy toys inside, but as a kid I still would let my imagination fly wondering what was inside. I remember that I looked at that egg for days, till the sunday, and then, I would hurry and eat everything because at the end of the meal, I could've finally opened it. My grandpa would hold the base of the egg for me, and I would open it, and then we'd share the chocolate with everybody else. It was really, really nice. That, was still Easter for me.

While going to uni today (I'd be more correct to say "yesterday" given the time), me and Angelo decided to have lunch at Mc Donald for a change. I got my Big Tasty Menu, while he got his usual Mc Chicken's one (always chicken) plus we got Mc Flurry Pistacchio flavored (for me) and Smarties flavored (for him). I must admit that McD's Pistacchio is simply delicious...it's big...and delicious. What makes it all even more tasty is the fact that thanks to our University's Meals SmartCards we managed to pay it all...just 1 Euro. Crazy.
What's less funny is what happened after. You gotta know that the weather is rapidly turning hot, and since we were all cool after our icecreams we didn't want to ride an uber crowded bus, with lots of sweaty people, so we decided to walk up to the campus, it wasn't more than a few Kms apart afterall, and it wouldn't have been bad to digest. We walked and chatted, and while we were all focused in our talks, cars started to dart on our sides, we found ourselves in the opposite side from where we usually walk. We were on the highway, where pedestrians should absolutely *NOT BE*. We were unable to go back or to cross the road, so we slowly walked ahead, having care to stick closely to the sideway. Given the little distance from the cars, Angelo was quite worried,   but I found the thing a little hilarious though. Having to walk like that, while the cars passing by thought of us as crazy, took us 2x/3x the time we would usually take. Lame.

Our teacher suggested us to watch "Numb3rs" I might give it a try afterall...I hope it's good.
It was a long (and hot) day, I feel tired and sleepy, but I guess I'll draw a little to relax before falling asleep.
See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment