Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tea, Bad weather & Titanic

It's really raining a lot lately, the rainiest April in the last 20 years they say. I guess I was too hasty when around ten days ago I said to Angelo "Hei this winter it didn't rain much at all!". Sigh. Not only that, it's rather cold too, so I had to get back my blankets (until ten days ago the weather was like the one you usually have in late spring / early summer!) and to warm myself a little I decided to sip some good tea. Particularly, I decided to try one of the blends that the Japanese Professor Naohisa Takahashi helped me to pick. So among Wild Berries, Four Red Fruits and Orange & Cinnamon, I decided to go for the reddest of them all :) It's sooooo...delicious :3
The weather is so bad lately that is causing problems with the public transports, yesterday in fact I prefered to stay home, and it was a wise choice. The one in the picture is the Metro's central station. It rained so hard that the metro had to stop...it became like a stage for the America's cup but sadly the trains can't float. 'Cause of that many students from my campus couldn't get back home. Beside that, it was good also for some pleasurable thing I managed to do instead of going there... :) Since the weather is still like this, and it seems there should also be a strike of public transports, I'll stay home on friday too.
Considering so many people are going crazy over the 3D version of Titanic, I thought I'd share this funny picture. I don't get in the first place why people are raising such a fuss about it, it's just the same 'ol movie, and the 3D it's not a real 3D, but one artificially created outlining the frames (in 1997 when it was filmed, there were no modern 3d cameras), so it's not as good as the one you can see in other recent movies. All in all, it's just a commercial operation to harvest some cash (and it seems it's working well judging by the sales). Even though I watched it at the cinema back then, I never really liked the movie too much, I remember I was kind of forced to watch it by my girlfriend of the time, and I remember it being insanely long and wanting it to end as soon as possible. Everyone knew that Jack was gonna die, and in my mind I was like "Die. Die. Die fast and let me go back home!".
Going back to the picture I posted, I always wondered why that Rose person didn't make Di Caprio get on the door too, there was way enough space. Let's not talk about buoyance as an excuse, because such a massive wood door, would've had no troubles at all to float. Fiction's drama need I suppose. Oh well.

See y'all soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment