Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Potions & Zombies

After focusing on the mascotte, CodeP-chan (I received some valuable feedbacks on the last post, her blushes got modified, and also her ear's level changed a bit, I think you'll see the new revision directly on the official website of the game), it was time to get something done about the "consumables" for the game; so I've started attempting some prototypes of the "Big Potions" and "Small Potions". They're still under iteration, but this is what I came up with so far. I decided to add some particle effects to the standard concept of potions, something akin to what you might find in a laboratory (my chemists friends will be happy), with all the bubbles and the hazy mist. Even if it was a pain trying to balance all the particles (not too crowded not too empty) it should be easier to switch the content of the potions (HP, Mana, etc) thanks to the layers distribution.

I've been at home today, tomorrow (actually, looking at the time, it's today) is gonna be the last day of uni before the Easter's break (not that much of a break considering that it's just 6 days long). Since it was possible, I took the chance to nap (it's so rare to be able to when I have lessons) and when I woke up I felt terribly lazy, so the only thing I managed to do was to go out and have an haircut. At least I saved some time  from the next days (that will be really busy considering that I'll have to work on the game development, fix some bugs of my previous software that kept piling up during the last month, and I'll have also to study for my Artificial Intelligence exam). I am quite happy of the haircut, I was kind of scared since the one that served me was a guy in training, but all in all, he did a fairly good job both with hair and shaving (there is always a little tension when someone else is pointing a sharp razor to your throat!). Maybe if I have the time I'll post some picture tomorrow.

Second week since the end of The Walking Dead and I am experiencing the zombie action's withdrawal symptoms, too long (tulong) to wait till the autumn for the third season >.< I've watched this week's episode of Alcatraz, but it wasn't really thrilling, compared to last one it was kind of a let down. Enri suggests Game Of Thrones, but it doesn't really appeal me. It kind of sucks Heroes got cancelled and Scrubs ended. I still gotta look for some new show I suppose :( .

See y'all soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment