Sunday, April 22, 2012

Little Angel...and a Diablo.


This blog post opens with a little angel (it's the character for the game I am currently working on, trying the smudge tool as Stephie suggested, maybe without much luck), but what I want to talk about is a devil, or better, a Diablo. Jokes aside, this weekend I took part in Diablo 3's beta. Let's leave aside all the issues about servers, queues, and errors on login that can somehow be expected on a beta.

I've been a big fan of Diablo serie, and I've played (and finished multiple times) Diablo1, Diablo2 and Diablo2 LoD, so I was considering about purchasing the game once it was out.
The class that I looked forward the most was the monk, so that was the one I tried first in the beta. Supposedly you can level up till lvl 13 in beta and beat the first Act boss. With my big surprise, this only took me about 35 minutes. It left me really dissatisfied. Not only about the length of the beta, that of course will be bigger at release, but about the gameplay. I thought the monk was a bad pick, so I retried with other classes...just to receive the same feeling.
D3 felt like a D2 with better graphics, but with even less freedom in the gameplay and customization of the character. I know that D2 had a big success for its hack 'n slash gameplay, but hei, 12 years have passed from D2, and players expect something more from a game they waited this much.
D3 striked me for its really simple gameplay, limitedness (click click click), and how I found D2 to be more fun than its successor.
Overall, it's not like D3 is a bad game,  but it wasn't something that hooked me and made me think "Oh wow I so want to see what there is past this point, Imma buy it!". I hope for those who will purchase it that past level 13 gets a lot better, but judging the skill system there isn't much variety. All in all imho it isn't worth the price (and that comes from someone who was waiting it because he liked the previous chapters!).
Tonight I had a multilayered Piadina (a thin italian flatbread: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piadina) for dinner. I added on it Emmenthal Cheese, Salame, Olive oil, Tomatoes, Fresh Garlic and Tomatoes. Delicious! :)

I'll close this blog post with a link to a collection of "Realistically" drawn Pokemons: http://www.icanbecreative.com/realistic-pokemon-characters-redesign.html. They might not be as cute as the original, but they're amazingly drawn. :)

See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment