Friday, April 6, 2012

Furry animal & Dragon Ball's Scooter


Realizing this one I played around a little with different brushes and different levels of pression for the pen. I am still unsure about the colors, I might change them... Right now I am working on something more complex, and it's kind of giving me an headache @.@ so I thought I'd take a break and use the chance to write this blog post. I have a lot of ideas about monsters to draw for the game, plus some extra that is not exactly related to it. I hope I'll manage to get done as much as I can in this break, also 'coz GW2 release is getting close. Considering that today (it's just past midnight) is the 6th of April, I'll be able to prepurchase the game in 4 days. Sure we might not know the actual release date yet, but I am sure that at least in a couple weeks I'll get in the beta and I'll go around stabbing people with my thief (I know I'll spend at least an hour deciding the way he'll look ._. ). Talking with my guildmates I realize I am not the only one that is getting more and more frenzy day after day. I guess it's only natural considering just how much time we've been waiting for it.

I woke up with no net and with no telephone this morning, since Fastweb started the switch-over. At around 10 am the line was back, but...they forgot to send their router, so I had to contact the customer service in order to get the parameters to attempt to set my own router as a replacement while I don't get theirs. The girl on the other end of the phone was rather gentle, but not exactly expert in the net domain, so she gave me some confusing instructions. After a few attempts I managed to get the whole thing to work, but since they are still testing it, and I don't have their device, it's not stable. I'm getting a faster net for half the price...but what a pain!

Today I've read that Google has showed a prototype of its "Project Glass", an head-up display for augmented reality. For those of you who watched Dragon Ball (wait...who didn't?!?) it will be kind of like Vegeta's/Nappa's/Freezer's Scooter, just with an Android OS.


Jokes aside, despite the ugly shape (I am quite sure the commercial version won't look like this though), I find it pretty interesting. Augmented reality, means having a "virtual layer" overlapping what you normally see, giving you info and functionalities you normally wouldn't have. It will be like having your cellphone always on, displaying its content straight on your eyes, without the need to interact with your hands. Just think about it... You can answer your calls (videocalls), write messages, keep track of your appointments without the need of a cellphone/tablet. You can take pictures/videos of what you're seeing and share it on the fly. You don't remember/know the way to get to that place you need to go? No problem, your glasses will show you the instructions. What you can do is bounded only by the imagination of the developers. I've always been enticed by this field, and I don't miss the chance to check the results of our university research lab in it whenever I can. But I suppose that a video is worth more than a thousand words...so watch this:
Pretty cool, isn't it?
But yea...they ought to change that ugly shape... <.<

Back to drawing,
See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment